- ACGME Approved Emergency Medicine Residency Program
- 36 month residency program format
- Level 1 Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center
- Serving St. Paul metropolitan area, greater Minnesota, and Western Wisconsin
- Designed to meet the requirements for Clinical Post Graduate PA Programs for ARC-PA (accreditation process undergoing reevaluation)
- 18 month Clinical Rotation Schedule
- Collaborates with the physician EM residency program
- March and June start dates available
Square feet of clinical space
Care areas (pods)
bed care pods for crisis/behavioral health
Why I’m a resident
I chose emergency medicine for the chance to have a positive impact on society as a whole by helping the broadest variety of patients I can. It excites me that every day, I get the opportunity to help people from every race, socioeconomic class, gender, etc., with a scope that involves every specialty of medicine, and requires constant adaptability and the ability to act quickly. Every day brings academic, ethical, and moral challenges, and it’s a specialty that always seems to be pushing the limits. It’s fun to be a part of a dynamic specialty like this. And the people who go into it are pretty dang cool.
I enjoy the camaraderie that comes from residency. At Regions, there’s a constant draw to helping each other, and learning more, with the most basic of goals to do what is right for our patients and our community. Residency is a time of growth and constant change. I also enjoy that it is a time to let your reflections on patient care impact you on a fundamental level, and adapt who you want to become as a future independent physician.
Living in the Twin Cities
The Twin Cities is a terrific place to live. Not only is it absolutely beautiful in the North Star State, you can actually afford to live, work, and play here. You’ll find that Minnesota is one of the best states for health care in the nation. And yes, “Minnesota Nice” is a real thing. These reasons make Minnesota one of the best states to learn and practice medicine.
How to apply
ERAS application period for 2020 Match is September 1 to December 1, 2020.