- ACGME Approved Emergency Medicine Residency Program
- 36 month residency program format
- Level 1 Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center
- Serving St. Paul metropolitan area, greater Minnesota, and Western Wisconsin
- Designed to meet the requirements for Clinical Post Graduate PA Programs for ARC-PA (accreditation process undergoing reevaluation)
- 18 month Clinical Rotation Schedule
- Collaborates with the physician EM residency program
- March and June start dates available
Square feet of clinical space
Care areas (pods)
bed care pods for crisis/behavioral health
Why I’m a resident
I chose emergency medicine because I wanted the opportunity to take care of undifferentiated patients in a high acuity environment. I love that we become skilled in a large variety of procedures. I also enjoy the teamwork aspect of emergency medicine. I wanted to be in a specialty that I did not have to worry about being on call, so that when I go home, I don’t have to worry about being called back into the hospital. Lastly, I wanted to be able to take care of patients from all walks of life. The emergency department is truly a safety net for our society’s most vulnerable people.
I enjoy working with my great co-residents. I have learned a ton from amazing staff that is always willing to teach.
Living in the Twin Cities
The Twin Cities is a terrific place to live. Not only is it absolutely beautiful in the North Star State, you can actually afford to live, work, and play here. You’ll find that Minnesota is one of the best states for health care in the nation. And yes, “Minnesota Nice” is a real thing. These reasons make Minnesota one of the best states to learn and practice medicine.
How to apply
ERAS application period for 2020 Match is September 1 to December 1, 2020.