- ACGME Approved Emergency Medicine Residency Program
- 36 month residency program format
- Level 1 Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center
- Serving St. Paul metropolitan area, greater Minnesota, and Western Wisconsin
- Designed to meet the requirements for Clinical Post Graduate PA Programs for ARC-PA (accreditation process undergoing reevaluation)
- 18 month Clinical Rotation Schedule
- Collaborates with the physician EM residency program
- March and June start dates available
Square feet of clinical space
Care areas (pods)
11 bed care pods for crisis/behavioral health
Why I’m a resident
The emergency room is the only place in our country that a person can go for guaranteed healthcare. Isn’t that crazy? It still blows my mind. As an emergency medicine physician I have the privilege of providing care to people – whoever they are, wherever they come from, whatever they need, and whenever they need it – 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Most of us have thought about being a doctor for years. We dream, we study, we observe… but in residency we are finally able to take care of our own patients. It isn’t always easy, but with a great support system of residents, faculty that are passionate about education and always willing to lend an ear, and patients that will teach you far more than you ever thought, there is no place I’d rather be.
Living in the Twin Cities
The Twin Cities is a terrific place to live. Not only is it absolutely beautiful in the North Star State, you can actually afford to live, work, and play here. You’ll find that Minnesota is one of the best states for health care in the nation. And yes, “Minnesota Nice” is a real thing. These reasons make Minnesota one of the best states to learn and practice medicine.
How to apply
ERAS application period for 2020 Match is September 1 to December 1, 2020.