About Our Program
Exceptional Emergency Medicine training in a supportive learning environment since 1996.
Our mission is to educate, mentor and inspire the next generation of humanistic emergency physicians to excel in any clinical setting and prepare them as leaders in Emergency Medicine.
- ACGME Approved Emergency Medicine Residency Program
- 36 month residency program format
- Level 1 Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center
- Serving St. Paul metropolitan area, greater Minnesota, and Western Wisconsin
- Designed to meet the requirements for Clinical Post Graduate PA Programs for ARC-PA (accreditation process undergoing reevaluation)
- 18 month Clinical Rotation Schedule
- Collaborates with the physician EM residency program
- March and June start dates available
Square feet of clinical space
Care areas (pods)
bed care pods for crisis/behavioral health
Why I’m a resident
I went into emergency medicine for chaos and public health, but at Region’s, I found so much more than that. We have diversity in thought and patients, high acuity, great resources, and wonderful people. I am humbled by the amount of love and support from my attendings, co-residents, and nurses – in both great and challenging cases. Our fabulous nurses, techs, and social workers make patient-centered care a daily standard. With a culture that fosters collaboration, wellness, and resilience, I am tremendously grateful to be part of the Region’s residency program.
Living in the Twin Cities
The Twin Cities is a terrific place to live. Not only is it absolutely beautiful in the North Star State, you can actually afford to live, work, and play here. You’ll find that Minnesota is one of the best states for health care in the nation. And yes, “Minnesota Nice” is a real thing. These reasons make Minnesota one of the best states to learn and practice medicine.
How to apply