About Our Program
Exceptional Emergency Medicine training in a supportive learning environment since 1996.
Our mission is to educate, mentor and inspire the next generation of humanistic emergency physicians to excel in any clinical setting and prepare them as leaders in Emergency Medicine.
- ACGME Approved Emergency Medicine Residency Program
- 36 month residency program format
- Level 1 Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center
- Serving St. Paul metropolitan area, greater Minnesota, and Western Wisconsin
- Designed to meet the requirements for Clinical Post Graduate PA Programs for ARC-PA (accreditation process undergoing reevaluation)
- 18 month Clinical Rotation Schedule
- Collaborates with the physician EM residency program
- March and June start dates available
Square feet of clinical space
Care areas (pods)
bed care pods for crisis/behavioral health
Why I’m a resident
Being at the bedside on a patient’s worst day and be present to hear their stories is what draws me into the field of EM. Despite the chaos that often draws us into the field of EM where you never know what might come through the doors of the ED, I know I always be supported by all the staff around me. The people including my co-residents, faculty, nurses and other ED staff members make me excited to work every day.
Living in the Twin Cities
The Twin Cities is a terrific place to live. Not only is it absolutely beautiful in the North Star State, you can actually afford to live, work, and play here. You’ll find that Minnesota is one of the best states for health care in the nation. And yes, “Minnesota Nice” is a real thing. These reasons make Minnesota one of the best states to learn and practice medicine.
How to apply