International Emergency Medicine
Two year fellowship with emphasis on skills, experience, knowledge necessary to pursue international medical relief, development of international emergency medical systems and training, disaster management, and injury prevention.
The basic components of the fellowship are: international field work, completion of a masters in development policy or certificate in tropical medicine, completion of a publishable project, completion of rotations, and clinical emergency medicine and teaching.
Funding for the fellow’s salary, international travel, and relevant tuition comes from working half-time in the emergency department at Regions Hospital and affiliated outlying facilities.
- International Field Work (6-7 months)
- Master of Development Policy or ASTMH Certicate
- Publishable Project (dedicated 2 months)
- EMS/Disaster Medicine (2 months)
- International Toxicology (2 months)
- Clinical Emergency Medicine (Half-time faculty)
Applications being accepted for July 2021.
Contact Amy.X.Walsh@Healthpartners.com for more information.