We participate in the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) and National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). Applications are submitted through your medical school dean’s office or the Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG). Please contact your medical school student affairs or dean’s office or the ECFMG for instructions. Applications will not be accepted through the mail.
- Regions Hospital offers 10 PGY-1 positions.
- Our program participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
A complete application includes:
- Transcript from your medical school
- Dean’s letter
- Three letters of recommendation (Usually from physicians and ideally include two from an emergency medicine physician)
- A copy of your USMLE, COMLEX, or National Board scores (Part I and II)
- Copies of abstracts and articles cited in CV (bring to interview)
- Our residency follows the CORD/EMRA guidelines for bibliographic citations
- Letter of recommendation from your Program Director (if applicable)
November 1, 2017
If you have questions about our residency you can also call us at 651-254-3666 or 651-254-5091 or e-mail us.
A description of what would happen on your interview day at Regions
- Interviews are variably scheduled on Monday and Friday.
- Applicants begin with a brief meeting with the Program Coordinator who gives a description of the day, hands out an itinerary, an interview packet, and information about the Twin Cities.
- Applicants attend a video presentation and meet with an Assistant Program Director (APD) for a program overview.
- Applicants meet with the Program Director, an APD, and one resident individually.
- Each applicant has the opportunity to observe in the ED (unless s/he has rotated here) and spends time talking to faculty, residents, students and PA’s on duty.
- All applicants have lunch together with other EM residents.
- All applicants meet with the Residency Manger to review benefits.
- At the day’s end, the Residency Coordinator will meet with the applicant for any final questions. An interview feedback questionnaire is handed out at this time.
Directions to Regions Hospital
From the East
Take I-94 west to 12th St. exit. Turn right on Jackson at top of ramp. Regions Hospital is to your right. Turn right into first drive.
From the West
Take I-94 east to 10th Street exit (the first hospital as you exit is St. Joseph’s – go past it!). Go east on 10th to Wabasha (2 blocks)- turn left. Go one block to 11th Street – turn right. Follow 11th Street to Jackson (3 blocks). Turn left (north) on Jackson 1 block – Regions Hospital is to your right. Turn right into first drive.
From the North
Take I-35E south to the University Ave. exit. Stay on frontage road (12th St.) – Regions Hospital is on your right. Turn right at light (Jackson) and right again into first drive.
From the South
Take I-35E north to 11th St. exit. Stay on 11th St. to Jackson (6 blocks). Turn left (north) on Jackson 1 block. Regions Hospital is on the right. Turn right into first drive.
Map to our location: