We participate in the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) and National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). Applications are submitted through your medical school dean’s office or the Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG). Please contact your medical school student affairs or dean’s office or the ECFMG for instructions. Applications will not be accepted through the mail.
- Regions Hospital EM residency offers 11 PGY-1 positions.
- Our program participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
A complete application includes:
- Transcript from your medical school
- Dean’s letter (MSPE)
- Three letters of recommendation (Usually from physicians and ideally include two from an emergency medicine physician) including at least one SLOE.
- A copy of your USMLE Step 1 (required for all applicants), and USMLE Step 2 (when available)
- Letter of recommendation from your Program Director (if applicable)
November 15, 2020
If you have questions about our residency you can also call us at 651-254-3666 or 651-254-5091 or e-mail us at Amy.E.Koonce@HealthPartners.com.
Interview Day – 2020-21
A description of what will happen on your interview day at Regions Hospital in 2020-21
- Applicants begin with a virtual presentation with the Program Director who gives a description of the day and an overview of the program
- Applicants will watch a video presentation and meet virtually with an Assistant Program Director (APD) for additional information
- Applicants interview virtually with the Program Director, an APD, and one resident individually
- Q and A session with current EM residents
- Residency Manager/Coordinator will review benefits
- Residency Coordinator will do final wrap up and answer final questions
- An interview feedback survey will be distributed after the completion of the day