Mission, Vision and Values
Mission—Why we’re here:
- To educate, mentor and inspire the next generation of humanistic emergency physicians to excel in any clinical setting and prepare them as leaders in Emergency Medicine.
Vision—Where we’re headed:
- Our goal is to be a world-class residency program, which educates
outstanding emergency physicians and helps define the future practice of emergency medicine through innovative education, research, advocacy and quality improvement.
Values—How we act:
- Provide a positive team atmosphere where students, residents, fellows, faculty and residency administrative personnel can work, learn, educate and deliver state of the art care in a healthy work environment.
- Meet or exceed all ACGME standards while prioritizing a resident centered education to service balance.
- Remain a dynamic residency through transparent feedback mechanisms and forward strategic planning.
- Recruit motivated, humanistic applicants with strong interpersonal skills who will be engaged contributors to the Regions Hospital Emergency Medicine Department, HealthPartners Institute, University of Minnesota Medical School and our community.
- Advise and mentor residents to help them achieve their ideal jobs and fellowships through individualized residency pathways and promote lifelong learning.
- Promote resident involvement in operations, administration, technology, advocacy, ethics and quality as part of our EM curriculum.
- Focus on resident wellness and the importance of a healthy work-life continuum.
- Provide a comprehensive residency curriculum to prepare residents to successfully pass ABEM examinations and independently practice EM in any setting.
- Offer innovative conferences in a positive learning environment using small groups, simulation and adult learning theories.
- Have collaborative relationships with our hospital and community educational partners with emphasis on EM focused educational goals and objectives.
- Be humble, respectful, active members of the national EM residency network thru involvement in CORD, SAEM, AAEM and ACEP
- Aim to improve the health of our population, the patient experience and the affordability of patient centered care.